Tim was born on May 28th 1995 in Lincoln.
Born into a farming family, Tim and his twin brother Tom assumed they would grow up to work in the family business. His grandfather bought the twins a 50cc quad bike when they were 9, but it soon broke and they didn’t ride again until they were 13 years old when he bought them a Chinese 110cc field bike: cheap and cheerful – fun to ride but prone to breaking.
Things started to happen when Pete Boast, a new addition to the small village arrived – a man who has raced motorcycles all his life, and so it made sense for him to try and repair the bike.
Pete noticed the Tim and Tom riding their bike in the field and suggested they went to a flat track practice (as Pete ran the the flat track racing series in the UK at the time), and it didn’t take long before Tim had got his entry in for his first ever race at 14 years old.
Tim raced a Honda CRF150, his first ever ‘real’ bike. He won every race apart from one that season, winning the ACU Junior Flat Track Championship in 2010.
In 2011, aged 15, Tim got a ride in the Suzuki GB Flat Track Team riding a Suzuki RM-Z 450, team mates with Peter Boast, with whom he would spend hours on end in the workshop learning and training on the small oval track that they built on the farm. He went on to finish 6th in championship that year.
In August 2011, Tim also travelled to Kansas, USA to race in the ‘Great Plains’ flat track series. He competed against some of America’s fastest AMA racers, including Chris Carr, an absolute legend in the world of flat track!
Tim stayed with Team Suzuki in 2012, on board the RM-Z 450, but unfortunately was unable to compete in a full season of racing following a huge crash with left him with a broken collar bone, forearm, rib, a punctured lung, and a tear in his spleen. Tim didn’t race for 2 months, but still managed 5th overall in championship after previous consistent podiums.
2013 was the final year with Team Suzuki. Tim took his first win at round 2, and got consistent results all year, but a mechanical failure at round 4 ruined his championship hoped, and he eventually finished 4th in the championship.
In 2014 he raced ex-Chris Carr’s (7 times AMA champ) KTM 450 machine, finishing on the podium all year apart from one round, and won 2 finals to take the overall championship win.
2014 also saw Tim racing with Club Thundersport GB in the Minitwins Championship. He had a great start to the championship at Brands Hatch, finishing with three 2nds and a 3rd. As the season went on, he began to struggle and podium finishes became less frequent. Towards the end of the season, Tim found his form again, and began fighting for wins, but kept falling short.In the final round at Mallory Park, after a mechanical failure in race 1, a really close 2nd in race 2 and a 3rd in race 3; Tim finally took his very first win on the tarmac in the final race of the championship, after leading for 9 of the 11 laps, a great end to the season!
Tim took the step up to riding 600cc 4 cylinder machines in 2015, choosing to race in the Sportsman Elite 600 class with Thundersport GB on board a Kawasaki ZX-600r. After breaking his wrist early in the season, Tim gradually improved with his technique and his speed developed, ending the season with some great consistent results. The most memorable race being at Cadwell Park in the summer; after 3 weeks off the bike due to harvest commitments on the farm, Tim and Tom dominated the race weekend with Derby Pheonix, with Tim recording a lap time of 1.32.4 on well worn scrub tyres, a respectable time even in the British Superbike paddock. Tim continued to race the DTRA Flat Track series in 2015, but was unable to complete a full season due to road racing commitments.[/one_half] [one_half_last]
Tim was awarded the ‘Best Thundersport Novice’ Award at the presentation evening after his debut season of road racing in 2014
• 2010 – ACU British Junior Flat Track champion .
• 2011 – Sponsored ride with Suzuki GB 450cc flat track team.
• 2011 – Travelled to USA to race Kansas state flat track series, made All-star Pro final.
• 2011 – Finished 6th in UK Pro Flat Track Championship.
• 2012 – Travelled to USA to compete in summer Amateur Nationals, gaining 5th place finish.
• 2012 – Finished 6th in UK Pro Flat Track Championship (following injury)
• 2012/2013 – 250cc MX class at Mablethorpe Sand Racing, 2nd in the championship by 3pts after competing in 8 of 11 rounds.
• 2013 – Finished 4th in UK Pro Flat Track Championship
• 2013 – October, completed ACU Track licence.
• 2013 – Offered ride with WK Bikes to ride CF-moto 650i in Thundersport GB Minitwins Championship.
• 2014 – Superprestigo race in the Barcelona Stadium. Qualified 7th from 56 riders (0.2 seconds behind Marc Marquez and 0.3 of pole position GNC AMA Flattrack champ Brad Baker. 15+ GP racers, the rest, specially selected racers from all disciplines).
• 2014 – DTRA UK PRO FLAT TRACK CHAMPION
• 2014 – First year of road racing on the CF-moto 650i, multiple podiums and my first victory with Thundersport GB. Under the club lap record at Donington Park.
• 2014 – 1st in the Kenny Noyes Dirt Track Festival Superprestigo qualifier race. Secured place in 2014 Superprestigo on 13th of December in the Barcelona Olympic Stadium.
• 2014 – Superprestigio, qualified 2nd out of 48, just behind 2013 AMA Flat Track champ and infront of Marc Marquez and current AMA flat track #1.
• 2015 – Graduating from 650 minitwin to Sportman Elite 600 class at Thundersport GB. Another fantastic learning year with some consistant results, a great platform to build from for a season in the National Superstock 600 championship at the British Superbikes.
• 2016 – Tim will race his Kawasaki ZX-6r in the Pirelli National Superstock 600 championship at BSB, riding under the ‘Neave Twins’ banner with Tom.